Hey guys! So you know the organization posts I’ve talking about for a while? Well in order to get those done, I needed to kinda finish my room, (I’ve been adding some cool touches to it) and part of that was finding or making cute decor to hang up (cause who likes a room with bare walls 🙂 ) and I knew for sure that these were one of the things I wanted in my room! So, the idea of having long shelves for my room originally came from this blog, craftinge, but I did mine a little differently. She stained her shelves dark brown (which looks really nice but my room is more white) and I painted mine white. Hers were six feet long, I made mine five. I pretty much had to make my own measurements because she forgot to tell us them (like how far apart to put them and that kind of thing) But that’s OK, my dad helped me A TON on hanging them up and building them!
A couple other thing I have to do before I post the organization posts are:
- Pick up my bed frame. (we are having it painted)
- Find a cute desk and bedside table.
- Get a couple more tubs for my closet.
- Hang up a couple more things.
I think that’s it!
So, here is the side view of the bottom shelf. And there is my little succulent pot from this post: Super cute succulent pot I still love this little plant!
Then I have this adorable little birdie that I got at Michael’s, and this candle I got from Target in the dollar section, in a pack of four. ;)
I got these adorable blue crates at Micheal’s too! I love them! So for the color scheme of my shelves is kind of turquoise and yellow. :)
I got my shelf brackets at home depot, you can see them on the left side of the top shelf there. 🙂 I think this middle shelf is my favorite. I love the things on it
This is one of my favorite things I bought for my shelves! I LOVE it! I got this adorable clipboard and bird from again, Michael’s!
Here’s another one of my succulent pot!
I got this adorable little planter for Easter, and decided to use it! Isn’t it cute?
Here are a couple more of those candles and a little lantern I got at Micheal’s! Ok, Now to how to build them!
Cute DIY long shelves
- White paint (or if you want you can stain them)
- Long sturdy boards mine were 1/2 in thick and 7 inches wide
- Shelf brackets
- Paint sprayer (this is what I used) or paint roller
- Cut your boards, I cut mine to 5 feet each.
- Paint your boards. You will probably wan’t to let them dry overnight.
- Hang them up. I put my top shelf 2 feet down from the ceiling. and 10 inches apart from each other.
- Decorate them! for a month before I had these built I was buying stuff for them! Remember this post? That was all for these shelves 🙂