Hey guys! I am loving summer, what about you? I’m excited to be posting these Blueberry Lemonade cupcakes! That just sounds so summery, doesn’t it? I just love the way these cupcakes turned out! So, the cake part of these cupcakes is a yellow cake with blueberries folded into the batter, then we top it with delicious lemonade frosting!
So, I was kind of scared to do this recipe because I had to make up the recipe. The batter was pretty easy to do, I just made a yellow cake and gently folded in a cup of blueberries at the end. to make the frosting lemonade, I added two tablespoons of lemon juice to it.
I love this recipe, the juicy deliciousness of the blueberry cake, balanced with the sweet and tart taste of the lemonade frosting! It is so good!
This recipe is a perfect summer treat! And if don’t like blueberries you could even make it raspberry lemonade cupcakes by substituting raspberries for the blueberries!
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2-3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl beat all ingredients except blueberries on low speed for 30 seconds constantly scraping bowl.
- Beat on high speed for 3 minutes, occasionally scraping bowl.
- Lightly fold in blueberries, I recommend taking the bowl off the mixer and using a spoon for this part so the blueberries don't get smashed.
- Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners, fill cupcakes to about 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minute or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
- In a large bowl mix powdered sugar and butter together until blended.
- Stir in lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of the milk.
- Slowly beat in just enough of remaining milk to make the frosting smooth and spreadable.
- If frosting is too thin beat in more powdered sugar, if to thick, add more milk.
- Put in a frosting bag and frost cupcakes once they are cooled .
- If needed, beat in more lemon juice until it tastes right.