Hey guys! In a cooking class I take, they demoed these and I couldn’t help coming home and trying this recipe out! It is super tasty and is a perfect mix of flavor. You will need a candy thermometer though!
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Plus a couple more almonds and chocolate chips for on top
* note: you may want to double the butter and sugar depending on the size of the cookie sheet
- Place butter and sugar in a large pan on the stove, on medium.
- Stir constantly until it gets to the hard crack stage (on your candy thermometer)
- Spread almonds and chocolate chips on an edged cookie sheet.
- Pour butter/sugar mixture onto chocolate chips/almonds
- Immediately sprinkle on more almonds and chocolate chip on top.
- Place in freezer.
- When hardened, crack and serve