Moist yellow cake topped with smooth raspberry frosting!
Hey guys! So there are only a few short days until Valentine’s Day! If you haven’t already, go read Monday’s post to help you get decorating! Now onto today’s post.
Yesterday, I made these yummy vanilla-raspberry cupcakes! These cupcakes are made of two parts. A delicious vanilla cake, topped with smooth rich raspberry buttercream frosting! Then you can add sprinkles if you want and of course, eat them!
I frosted these using the large sized open star tip in this AMAZING set I got on amazon, in a Wilton frosting bag. Before getting these frosting tips I just thought I was horrible at frosting cupcakes, until I realized that I was using the small Wilton brand tips that are really made for making designs, not frosting a cupcake. So I bought these tips and instantly fell in love with them! They are so great! You can frost both mini and normal sized cupcakes! Buy this set here.
Another thing I love about these amazing tips is that you don’t have to use a couplers with these tips. All you do is just pop them into the frosting bag, add the frosting, and trim the tip of the bag off! Then just frost the cupcakes! Down below, you can see all of the items I used in this recipe and where to buy them. Now onto the recipe!
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 2-4 Tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Place cupcake liners in cupcake pans.
- In a large bowl beat all cake ingredients with mixer on high for 30 seconds, scraping bowl.
- Beat on high for 3 minutes scraping bowl occasionally.
- Scoop into cupcake liners with a cookie scoop. Fill 1-2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes and check with a tooth pick. Let cool completely before frosting.
- In a large bowl, mix the powdered sugar and butter with electric mixer on low speed until blended.
- Stir in vanilla and one tablespoon of milk. Slowly beat in just enough milk to make it smooth and spreadable. If the frosting is too thick beat in more milk, one drop at a time. If it is too runny, beat in a small amount of powdered sugar.
- Frost the cupcakes!