So, what’s happening with you? Anything exciting? Well, today I was freezing! And what I really wanted was: Hot chocolate! The only problem? I can’t have dairy!! 🙁 Solution! This recipe, from the healthy apple.com!
This hot cocoa is super simple! It takes about 5 minutes and is so delicious! I was really surprised when I had homemade hot cocoa in minutes! When I decided I wanted to make homemade hot chocolate, I was thinking: is it really worth spending a half an hour making it? My answer? Yes! Until I found this recipe!
There are six ingredients in this recipe:
- Chocolate almond milk (or any other dairy free milk)
- Honey, or maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon
- Sea salt
So, I found this amazing recipe on healthyapple.com and just changed it up a little to make it a little more my style! Instead of using vanilla almond milk and cocoa powder I just used chocolate almond milk instead. It makes it a little bit easier. :)
Oh, P.S. I got instagram, be sure to follow me! And if you try this recipe, post a picture and tag @craftilybaking so I can see it!
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate almond milk (see note)
- 1 teaspoon honey or pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- Heat chocolate almond milk in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to a low boil and then to a simmer for 2 minutes.
- Taste and season to your liking with cinnamon and salt.
- If you don't have chocolate almond milk, or you would like to use a different kind of dairy free milk, you may use that and add 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder.