Hey guys! Are you ready for the school year to start back up? Maybe I’ll do a back to school post or something. 🙂 I think I’m going to home school this year, and I’m really excited that I won’t have to get up at 6 every morning to get ready (though I know some home-schoolers like to) Also, homeschooling will be a big plus for my blog too, I’m trying to see if blogging could count as one of my electives, like maybe blogging could count as my computer class (I know I’ve gotten a LOT faster at typing since February when I started my blog 🙂 )
Today’s post is: chocolate chip cookie cups! I’ve been wanting to try these for the longest time! I’m surprised that I actually squeezed the time in to do it, we are remodeling and we just got the kitchen ripped out and they are building the new one. (luckily I made these right before they tore it out) They turned out pretty good! (one or two leaked, but you just have to make sure they get plenty of chocolate coating on the inside and they will be perfect!)
So, how these work is, you make the chocolate chip cookie dough, and you cook it inside this special pan (I found mine at Michael’s in the baking isle) or the bottom of a extra-deep muffin tin. Once they are cooled, you coat the insides with several layers of melted chocolate and let that dry, ( you can also dip the rims in it to make it extra yummy). Then, you fill them with milk, ice cream, or whatever you want!
I’m so excited for you guys to try this it is a really fun recipe! Tell me if you have tried these or if you would like to try these!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks butter (12 tablespoons)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Melted chocolate to coat the inside
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray the inside of your cookie glass mold (or bottom side of a muffin tin)
- In a large bowl flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt butter, let cool slightly.
- Add eggs and vanilla to butter, whisk until smooth.
- Add butter mixture to dry ingredients.
- Mix well until dough is stiff.
- Mix in chocolate morsels.
- Take 1 1/2 in balls (two heaping tablespoons) and place in pan cavities. Or cover the bottoms of the muffin tins.
- Use the insert to press the dough down into cavity and up the sides.
- Leave in the insert while baking.
- Bake 17 to 19 minutes.
- Trim the edges even while the pan is still hot.
- Cool in the pan on a cooling rack for ten minutes.
- Remove the inserts by gently twisting.
- Do not remove until cookies are completely cooled, or they will break.
- Wash, dry and spray the pans and repeat.
- Once all the cookies are hard and cooled, coat the insides with chocolate, also dip the rims.
- Put another coat once dried.
- If you do not do multiple coats the cookie cups will leak.