I think that these little pies are the cutest little desert ever! Not only are they adorable, but they are the perfect dessert size too! They are a great treat to have as a family, or if you are just wanting a snack!
They are the perfect serving size! It’s like having your own pie!! Just mini!!
We got these adorable little bowls from Michael’s around Easter, they are awesome! You can eat out of them, use them for serving dips, or even cook in them!! (like I did here!) I have used them in a couple of my posts lately:
- The best (and simplest) guacamole
- Cheesecake fruit dip
- Baked pink donuts (in this one I used it as a mini stand)
- How to hard boil eggs in the oven
My favorite type of pie is, either apple or cherry, whats yours?!
So, a while back my mom made a TON of apple pie filling, sooo… I just used that. If you want to make your own flavor, your welcome to. :)
Ok guys, bear with me, I know there are a TON of pictures 🙂 I had like twenty more, they were just so cute I couldn’t stop myself. :)
A couple nights ago this is what we had for a family treat (I was in charge of it) Here’s a picture of them all lined up! I love it!!So, the pie crust recipe came from crazyforcrust.com and I also double the recipe so it would be enough for 5.
- 1 cup butter, diced and chilled
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4-8 teaspoons ice water
- Apple pie filling
- Combine flour and salt with a pastry blender.
- Add butter and blend until there are coarse crumbs.
- Add 4 tablespoons of water, mix with pastry blender.
- Add 2 more tablespoons.
- Place dough on a floured surface.
- Roll out.
- Cut out circle that are the right size for your mini bowls.
- Put apple pie filling in each cup.
- Using rolled out dough, put over top of your pie bowl.
- Crimp edges.
- Cut off edges and make smooth.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 25-30 mins.
- Let cool before eating.