Hi everyone! I made this super cute dotted sharpie mug for my 11 year old sister, Emma, for Christmas. She loved it, but then she dropped it and it broke. I decided to make a new one for her. The only thing is last time, I used normal Sharpies, instead of Sharpie Paint pens, so I got to use more colors and I didn’t bake it. I didn’t want the sharpie to wash off, so I used spray on mod-podge to seal it and it ended up blending the colors and making a cool underwater effect… And, then she broke it. 🙂 (I would advise not doing the normal sharpie, mod-podge thing though 🙂 )
Dotted sharpie mug:
- White mug (I got this super cute one from Michael’s)
- Oil based Sharpie Paint pen
- Draw your design on the mug.
- Let dry for a couple hours or overnight.
- Bake for 30 mins at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. REMEMBER to put the mug before it heats up and leave it in until it’s completely cooled to prevent cracking.
Care and wash:
Hand wash the mug gently to make it last longer. The dishwasher may ruin the design.